Sunday, March 31, 2013
moving to mountian veiw
I thought I would never do a family\ personal blog because I looked at it as too unguarded in the details it shared, but now thanks to a friend and the realization that an individual's blog is generally overlooked and not read by random people, i've decided to start a "here's what i did today/this week" blog for my friends and family.
The main reason I have finally decided to do this more personal blog is we have moved to the bay area for an indefinite period of time, which is far from our family we used to be able to visit every few months and our friends we have come to love from USC.
Okay so here the story of our move. We have long dreamed of having a backyard that Jonathan could play in since he was old enough to walk and wanted to live in his grandma's backyard when we visited. The boy loves nature.
We also have wished to never have to use a laundry-mat again in our lives, as it was near impossible for one of us to alone with the kids. Seriously, of you see a single parent at the laundry-mat they deserve some reconnection.
We also hoped to have two bedrooms, so our son wasn't sleeping in the front room. I also really wanted to have more then just one toilet in the home.
We found a duplex that meet all but my multiple bathroom wants! It is beautiful and cost less then most of the apartments we looked at. I really feel like we have a real home. Here are some pictures. 






There are a few draw backs like these baby-killer hard to work heating floor things.
But over all we are so happy and feel like this is a great blessing.
I am going to try to learn to garden... Or at least not kill every plant I touch and make the backyard pretty. We'll see how is goes.
Our new church is huge. It was a little overwhelming to see so many new faces. The meeting was also extra short today, so Jonathan didn't get to go to primary to meet the other kids and we didn't really get to meet anyone, except for one family who happened to have a boy and a girl around Jonathan and Claire's ages. I am going to miss the closeness that we had in the USC ward because it was small, but I guess I am just going to have to learn to remember names better. Hopefully, we find some people to be really good friends with.
Oh, and for anyone who is traveling to mountain view, stay at the hotel strata! We stayed there until we got our stuff and it by far is the best hotel we've stayed at.
Over and out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you started this blog! It is going to be so nice to see what you guys are up to up there. Also, you should comment on Brittany's blog so she can find this, since she isn't on facebook.
ReplyDelete