Sunday, March 31, 2013
Eastertime
So our stuff came Monday morning! unfortunately, Monday night Jonathan got really sick and I had a bad cold. Then Claire caught the cold... so it wasn't until Thursday night we managed to get the kitchen all unpacked and saturday (when Jacob was off) to get enough of the boxes unpacked for our house to sum-what look like a home and to function. We need to get some furniture before we can really finish unpacking, but that will have to wait awhile. Anyways, despite the set backs I love this house. I feel like it is our first real home.
Another change of events has taken place this week. Claire has learned to climb out of her crib. We discovered this last night when she woke-up crying, followed by a thud and 'I'm hurt' crying. After that, I was on edge all night. I surrounded the crib with pillows and stuffed animals, and jumped and ran to her crib whenever I heard the slightest inclination she might be standing up. (a feat after not sleeping for more then three hours at a time for the past week.)
Then this morning I was inspired with a temporary solution until we can get her moved to another bed.
.
.
The crib is now high enough that she can't reach the top. Take that my little mountain goat!
Anyways, now its Easter! this morning our kids had a a little egg hunt. here's some pictures.
.



.
We went to church after, this time for the whole three hours. I had to fight the urge to hide in a corner. I don't like to being around tons of people I don't know and this ward is HUGE. People, however, were nice, welcoming and intelligent.
This afternoon we dyed eggs and prepared for our Easter dinner of Fish and biscuits and honey (our version of honeycomb). Here's our eggs.
lots of love.
over and out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We were inspired by your Easter dinner tradition, so we copied it! Our fish and honey was delicious!
ReplyDeleteIt's a pretty yummy tradition. I want to know how your meal turned out. (I also might want to copy a recipe from you)
DeleteHappy Easter!! The eggs look beautiful! The home looks great too. We're excited for you guys. You will do great getting to know people. I love the crib 'fix!'
ReplyDeleteSounds like Claire is taking after some of my shenanigans. When I was about eight I was finally allowed to sleep in the top bunk. One night my mom heard a loud noise and came in to investigate. Everything looked fine, except I was missing! She hunted all around the house, and even outside, but couldn't find me. Just before calling the police she looked under the bottom bunk my sister was in, and there I was, snug as a bug. Good luck in the future. Also, be sure if you buy another crib that it doesn't have posts that stick up in the corners. They sometimes can be dangerous. Best wishes on your new move. I'm excited for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL. She definitely got some of that Boyle flexibility and determination. It think we are going to put her in a modified bottom bunk of a bunk bed we will eventually get Jonathan.
Delete