Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day!!!

Last month, I said how much I love that there is a "Mother's Day." Well, I've decided that Father's Day rocks my socks off too.
I had an excuse to buy the frozen apple croissant form The Milk Pail: They were delicious!
Also this week, for a preschool activity I made a Bow-tie for Jonathan to decorate for Jacob. I was worried Jacob wouldn't want to wear it, but he not only wore it with pride, but rocked the bow-tie look. (I think 'rock' is my favorite  expression right now so sorry if I use it a lot in this post, but that expression rocks!)
Anyways, here's a picture of the rockin' Bow-tie. Jonathan was going to put a big pink button on it, but then decided he wanted to put the button daddy would want the best :-)
 

We also got Nerf guns, because they sometimes have nerf wars at Jacob's office . Since that present was opened, Jonathan has been obsessed with the toy and Claire has been chewing on the darts, but all-in-all it has been really fun. Jonathan almost stood with the primary to sing  at church, but then got scared and just hugged his dad, which I think shows how much he loves his dad.
For dinner we had roasted chicken and popovers.  the chicken ... wait for it... Rocked! the rest was okay.

And to end our day, the Kite Park. We meet this wonderful Indian family who had a little girl close to Jonathan's age. So it was fun, even  though the wind was spotty.
Mainly, I've been amazed at how wonderful a dad Jacob is. He can get Claire to sleep when I can't, he makes things fun and just knows how to play with kids, and he really loves our children and focuses on making them (and me happy) there are a lot more things,  but in short, I am so blessed and happy that he is by my side. Jacob Rocks at being a dad.

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm, dinner looks so good. That is a cute idea to have Jonathon decorate a bow tie, and that is nice of Jacob to wear it :)

    ReplyDelete