Hurray, for actually celebrating holidays!
As you might have guessed from that introduction this 4th of July was lots of fun. First of all; day off work! Next, we started the day by going to our church's 4th of July breakfast. The food was good and best off all we had friends to enjoy spending time with and I felt like perhaps I am going to have great life-long friends here too. Also Jonathan made a really good friend who was... a boy! (I have been feeling bad because he always seems to be surrounded with girls and doesn't get to play with other boys his age as much.)
Later, we had BBQ with some really awesome people who where instant friends to us when we moved. We made ribs, cornbread, grilled vegetables, and fresh cherry pie. The ribs were great and a good way to christen our crock pot. <side note> I got this crock pot a year and a half ago and after not returning it, not re-gifting it, we finally decided to try using it and its actually really useful.
Saturday was great too, except in the afternoon when we tried to enjoy the Computer History Museum and later tried to go to home depot.
Lets just say that Jonathan managed to make both trips seem like torture and Claire decided to help him by looking for the most dangerous thing she could do and running for it. Oh, and at one point Claire started choking - we hit her on the back, which got the apple out but also made her throw up. Actually, I think we both were seriously reconsidering ever wanting kids by the time we got them asleep, but luckily by this morning they were back to being their lovable and fun selves.
We ended today by going to the kite park, and it was heavenly. It was also great because we met one of the moms I do preschool with and her family, so Jonathan had a friend to run around and talk with. The kids were absolutely adorable.
| kids playing |
| Our kites may have gotten tangled a little |
Also, tonight I used the crock pot again to make stuffing out of some stale bread I had. It was so good and now I might actually use the crock pot regularly.
| stuffing is my Favorited part of holidays and now I can make it year round! Mmmmm |
No comments:
Post a Comment