So last month my husband's grandmother died. She amazed me. She started out with parents that expected her to be great, and so she was. She worked as a Rockette on the ballet team, then she found the church, then married a navy officer, moved to AZ, raised 6 kids that all are extremely intelligent and talented, opened her home to prophets, took it upon herself to raise awareness of the arts, taught ballet, and encouraged talent to flourish in her grandchildren.
I have to say, hers is an intimidating family legacy to be married into. Luckily, when I think of her, instead of comparing myself to all her outstanding grandchildren, I see that loving look and tone which she addressed me with. although we never talked much, I felt that she approved of me and that coming from someone surrounded with amazingly talented children, grandchildren and in-laws, means the world to me.
 |
| Her preforming at the World's Fair |
 |
| Jonathan with the tinker-toys he always played with at her house. |
No comments:
Post a Comment