Monday, January 9, 2017

AHHHH 2016! part 3

Now for Part Three: The Move
March- 
Besides Packing, We tried to go to the beach every Saturday. It kinda stunk because I feel like this was the month that we started to make some really close friendships and then had to say good-bye. We had a good-bye picnic at the kite park in Mountain View. It amazed me the caliber and talent of the friends we were blessed to make in the bay area. The kids, Jacob and I still really miss them. The Relief Society in our church really came to our rescue the last two days of packing and cleaning. I don't know how we could have done it with out them.



Ferry ride to San Fransico




It was cold and raining, by the end we were all soaked and shivering





After the farming event







Finally we moved into my parents basement for what we hopped would be a few weeks...

April-
The first month in Arizona kicked us in the rear. We were sick a whole bunch, which meant I shouldn't be around my sister. Then jobs weren't falling in place as fast as we had hoped.  We in transition so without health care and faced with the reality that us living in a open room basement was going to be our housing for a while longer. On the plus side we had a place to stay, Sam and my parent's dog were Bff's, we got to celebrate Jacob's birthday, and did get to go to the park with cousins.



Dad diving with a squid


Jonathan shooting a bow and arrow 
May -
I started panicing that I would be having our new baby while living in my parent's basement. Then things slowly fell into place. Jacob got an enjoyable job that actually utilized his skills and talents and were he felt needed. Then we faced the highly competitive market for renting a home and after two disheartening weeks, signed a lease for a cute home in a neighborhood we liked.
Grandmother are the best!

Grandma's goats had kids

Claire Chicken Catcher








I discovered the joy of hanging laundry



No comments:

Post a Comment