Tuesday, January 10, 2017

AHHHH 2016! Part 4- life changes

Okay so now for the hardest part.
June 2016-
Good: Claire had a Splatoon birthday party with her cousins complete with colored water balloon fight and a homemade strawberry Splatoon cake that my friend Gabby helped with. Jacob and celebrated being completely in love and happy with our decision to get married. I found the midwife I needed.
Bad: My sister went to the hospital and came back on hospice.



Jonathan helping Sam climb









July-
Augustine was born on his brothers birthday. It was the easiest birth I have had. I was able to use a birthing stool for pushing and the mid-wives listened to me and just let me do what felt right (ie didn't insist I exhale at a certain time or pull with my arms instead of push out). Also, it was so nice to come home a few hours after instead of staying in a noisy hospital and being woke up by doctors and nurses during the night.  Also, I got to be there for Sam blowing out his candles on his birthday cake.
The best thing about how things worked out. Is my sister got to hold Augustine before she got too weak. Augustine has been our most aware newborn so he actually looked back at my sister.





A few weeks later, Shannon died. It hurts. I was so tired and consumed with caring for a newborn and my kids that the pain of her passing didn't really hit me until months later, which I think was a blessing.
I tired so hard to be just like my sister when I was growing up and she treated me with so much caring and love. She really was the best big sister ever and taught me more then anyone else I can think of about being a true friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment