Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Back into work and back into running a home

So this past weekend grandma Carol came to visit. It was a fun filled weekend filled with $18 Red banana republic pants, eating at a really great restaurant in Chinatown- San Fransisco (and of course Jonathan seeing the sea lions), the shoreline kite park, lots of great cheese and foods, and mother nature reminding me that I just not meant to garden; lets just say there were large tuber roots that had bent the very old sprinkler system pipe, water leaking with no shut-off valve, and high emotions.
Anyways, Jonathan's grandmother is an instructional designer and also amazing at engaging Jonathan and Claire's  learning capacity. Which reminded me of how bad I have been about giving Jonathan that one on one learning time he craves during Claire's nap, so today I decided to get back into the habit of doing regular preschool.
I am pleased to announce today was a great success on that front (and I have the uncleaned house to prove it).
We learned about birds and wore make-shift beaks and tails, put feather in our pockets, and 'flew' around the room making different bird sounds. We sorted some plastic eggs by color. Then we watch some segments about birds building nests on YouTube followed by us making a nest, filling it with the eggs and siting on them to keep them warm. We ended by making paper collage birds. Jonathan was so happy and I am too.
Now if I can just fiqure out how to also have a clean house I'll be super mom.

1 comment: