On that note, quick rant. Hormones are hard in toddlers! Jonathan has been extremely emotional and temperamental this week. We are just waiting for this stage to be over. The funny thing is we decided we wanted to be better at speaking kindly to our children even when they need to be corrected right when our toddler decided that anything that is not perfectly how he wants it is the most tragic thing ever and should be wailed over.
Now for the explanation of the title of the blog. For those of you who don't know I am very impatient to have our home fully furnished and beautiful. Jacob and I are also very laid-back about most things but extremely stubborn and tunnel-visioned on certain things; and the things we choose to be stubborn on tend to be different from each other. okay so now time for the cautionary tale of "The Sheets"
DUn... dun..dun... now here is a very badly dun comic explaining the story.
Yeah, so anyways. This happened on Thursday and I felt awful for just doing what I felt like doing and not listening to my husband. (and also that he was right and I was wrong). I felt so bad in fact that I made a pledge that day that I would listen to Jacob and stop just thinking I know better then him. I am pleased to announce that lasted until this afternoon when Jacob asked me to do something his way and I thought it was stupid and did it my way. :-) but honestly, I married a smart man who luckily loves me completely and I really love him which makes our mistakes work out in the end.
I found a park SO close to my house that you would have loved! I can't believe we didn't know about it when you were here. It is very hidden from the street (which is awesome, but also why no one knows about it). It is at the children's orthopedic hospital, but open to the public. There is a splash pad, and tons of cool play things and swings that are totally different than any I've seen at other parks. And it is a no sand park, and it has a shade cover! And I can bike there in less than 5 minutes!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, when we played there, I seriously thought, "Meredith would have loved this park!"
That does sound awesome. I wish we had known about it, will you take pictures next time your there? You are so good at finding hidden fun parks.
Delete