Sunday, April 28, 2013

Birthday week

This week has been full of fun and wonderful times for our family. We started out the week celebrating Jacob's birthday. I ordered him the Magic Flute cd online, but found out it wasn't estimated to come after his birthday. Anyways, I really wanted him to have something to unwrap so Jonathan and I went on a Birthday shopping trip to downtown (Claire came too). It was very successful, except I couldn't find anything awesome enough and affordable enough to give Jacob, but then  we came across this huge used book store called "The Book Buyers." It was just chalk full of great books! Jonathan wanted to give Jacob a fish book and we found a good one. We also found a great little shark book and two little comic-books I thought he might like. All of this for less then fifteen dollars!
We walked home to find that the package had come early and Jacob would get all his presents!

I prepped the cake (We have both always wanted to try/make baked Alaska), but ran out of time to make dinner, so when he got home we ordered Chinese food and had a wonderful dinner followed by our baked Alaska! Jacob had the first turn.
 

Then we got to facetime with Jacob's family and had a some of his nieces and nephew singing "Happy Birthday."
The rest of the week included Jonathan wearing my hat all day

 Claire being beautiful and occasionally standing on her own  for seconds at a time.


I got beautiful drawings and a letter from my niece!

Then my parents cam to visit! It was wonderful! Jacob and I were able to go to the Oakland Temple for the first time while my parents babysat. It was the first time we  had someone babysit Claire for a long time. Then we went to the kite park, where my dad taught us how to fly our kite and Jonathan and my mom searched for ladybugs. After we went to Mongolian BBQ for a belated birthday dinner. Jonathan and his grandpa became best friends, with Jonathan asking for him to read to him every chance he had. The best thing was after my parents babysat, Claire would go to my mom  and not cry when I left! Anyways, here pictures of the time at the Kite park.











1 comment:

  1. Wow, that baked alaska looks sooooo good! And wow, Claire IS beautfiul!

    ReplyDelete