Thursday, April 18, 2013

On a Rampage

If you haven't watched "Howl's Moving Castle" you should because it's one of my all time favorite movies. Anyways, it has this great line when the heroine is cleaning and a little boy is addressing a customer waiting, he says "Come back later. there's a witch on a rampage in there."

That kinda describes me this afternoon except I was unpacking books. We have been in our home for three plus weeks and we had not unpacked all our books. Now it has been three months since we have seen these books, and today I decided enough was enough.
----> quick back-story on the emotions behind this. I had packed the books back in January when we thought we were going to be moving. When that fell through I refused to unpack, so the books just sat there in boxes until we really did move. Then we had no place to put them so they stayed in the boxes until we could afford real bookshelves...then we had to set-up said shelve and then we needed to anchor them to the wall so our daughter doesn't kill herself when she inevitably tries to climb one in the not to distant future. Well, we anchored one but needed more dry wall screws to anchor the other.
I started just unpacking some books to put on the anchored bookshelves when I decided I was sick of boxes and wanted them all out of my sight. So I decided to put all the books in piles and get rid of the boxes, but guess how well piles work with two kids. Anyways, several "mom, read me this one" moments later our living room now looks like this

and you know what even though it's a mess, I am so happy to have our books back. Also, I love that Jacob and I are both mild book hoarders because we have some fun books. Also for those of you who are like, what's with this girl not capitalizing things that should be capitalized... here is a picture of my keyboard

Now be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment